Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kindergarten Round 2

Another school year, Another Kindergarten!


First Day of Public School Kindergarten ~ 2010


Just to be nostalgic....First day of Private School Kindergarten from 2009

Giving Mrs. Feetham an apple.

Hard at work already.

Self Portrait before I had to leave.
(apparently I had a lazy eye today!)

She started getting a little clingy and did not want me to leave. There was another little girl that was already crying because her mom had left. I told Kailyn that maybe she could be a good friend to the little girl and help her feel better. My little sweetie went right over and stood by her. Didn't say anything, but was there in spirit. Very sweet to watch.

She had a great day. When asked about her favorite part...snack of course! :)

I can not mention a new school year without including the new adventure that Kailyn takes part in every morning (she is in a pm Kindergarten class). She spends the morning with my AMAZING friend Sarah and her 3 little ones. She is homeschooling her oldest two (5 1/2, and 3). She graciously invited Kailyn to be a part of her morning. Kailyn is actually doing homeschool stuff in the mornings, work that actually challenges her. (Don't get me wrong. I teach in public school. I mostly like public school, but it will by no means challenge Kailyn, at least not this year. 28 Kindergartners in one class is chaos waiting to happen.) Anyways, I have been totally impressed with what Kailyn has already learned in a couple weeks with Sarah and the Homeschool Co-op Group. I am very excited to see what she is able to do with Sarah this year. It was a complete blessing for our family, after a very rough transition to a childcare situation that did not work out.

Thank you Sarah!

Thank you Mrs. Feetham!

Another school year off and running!



No comments:

Post a Comment