Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya Tomorrow..."

So lately Kailyn has had an obsession with the movie Annie! I loved it as a child and still love it. I thought nothing of sitting down with her one day to watch it. If you know Kailyn, you will know that she talks her way through everything, all day long. Annie was no exception. I was asked a question about every little thing about the movie. The tough scrutiny made me aware of a few things that I did not previously know or remember about the movie.
Here are some of the interesting topics Kailyn and I covered.

1. What is an orphan? Where are their parents? Why don't they want their kids? Why are they all girls? Where are the boys? Why is Ms. Hannigan so mean? These questions were all during the first 5 minutes of the movie! :)

2. Some of the vocabulary I needed to explain: pig droppings, smidge, drunk, billiard ball, Bolsheviks, lavalier, Punjab (who she was calling Pumba for awhile), millionaire, mikey pen, "blow it out your ol' wazoo", and more.

3. She has taken to repeating one liners from the show, such as the line Ms. Hannigan says near the beginning of the movie "gotta go bathroom". She also sings "no one cares for you a smidge, when your in an or-phan-age, It's a hard knock life!"

4. Now that she has watched it about 5 times she likes to tell me everything that is going to happen and all her favorite parts.

Just a little insight to my daily life lately with my own little "Annie". I have actually banned the movie for awhile because I was going a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment